Saying goodbye is never easy...

 As our day of leaving was fast approaching is started dreading having to say goodbye.  It felt like I would rather avoid people than having a million go-away parties.

But saying goodbye to elderly parents brings about the worst heart ache.  You do not know when you will see them again.

I was fortunate to have a whole week to visit with my parents, and we treated this rather as a holiday together, than a "good bye" visit.  My father booked a week at Sondela, close to Bela-Bela.  I absolutely LOVE the bushveld, so this was super special for me.

Every meal together was savoured, and we had a ritual where I put cream on their hands after washing.  But the whole time I had a knot in my stomach, and it did not want to think about leaving at all.

It felt so good smelling the wet soil after the rains, being woken by birdsong, and just getting still and silent at sunset.  








Where we LOVE is HOME - home where I feet my leave, but not our hearts (unknown)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's getting real

Should we go or should we stay?